No one likes acne, and yet we are not all lucky enough to have perfect skin. We also all cannot afford the expensive facials we read about in magazines. This is why we put together 6 tips to help clear up your acne from home!
1. First and foremost, avoid squeezing or popping pimples, and refrain from touching your face! The more you touch or squeeze the puss out of your acne, the more sebum your skin will produce. It will take more time for your pimples and blackheads to clear up because of the inflammation and irritation that can possibly occur from the intrusion. Just don't do it.
2. Wash your face thoroughly (at least 60 seconds) twice daily a day – preferably morning and evening. And anytime your face might get dirty. Proper facial hygiene is the best way to be proactive and help yourself heal rom the outbreak. Use facial soaps that do not contain oil and/or soaps that are not acidic.
3. Be sure to moisturize after washing your face with a sulfur-based soap that is designed specifically for acne-prone skin. Washing can strip your skin of natural lipids, so apply a moisturizer that suits your skin type (sensitive, normal, dry, oily, or combination) so that your body will not produce extra oil that may cause your skin to be more susceptible to breakouts.
4. Perform some research! Don’t buy the first product you see on the shelf. Talk to your doctor or dermatologist, a knowledgable friend, or maybe even your mom. See what products are out there and what each product is designed to do. Remember, not all products are created equal.
5. Wash your face after a sweat session. It’s well known that sweat clogs pores, so keep wipes or a refreshing cleansing spray with you when you know you are going to be sweating.
6. Use acne creams that have benzoyl peroxide as an active ingredient. But keep in mind that even these anti-acne products can still cause irritation or your skin to dry, even though they are supposed to help in healing your acne. So, you still need to use moisturizers. The stronger the “application”, typically the higher the percentage of benzoyl peroxide it contains. Some users claim that using a cream with benzoyl peroxide is one of the best solutions on how to clear up acne.
When all things fail, seek advice from a qualified dermatologist on viable solutions and methods to clear up acne. It can be a serious condition that can permanently damage our skin, so it's best to address it rather than hope it goes away. Be proactive in your approach to self-care and your skin will thank you for a life time.
Always keep in mind that even though these tips do work for some, it does not necessarily mean that they may work for you, as skin types can vary greatly. Whichever solution is best for you, keep it as a part of your daily routine. No matter what technique you choose to help clear up acne, remember that your problem will not be solved overnight. Give it time and expend the effort it deserves to reverse or clear up a condition.
Cheers to living Young Ever After!