5 Simple Tips To Fix Mistakes When Putting On Makeup
Have you ever put on makeup and suddenly make a mistake that ruins all of your efforts? Have you had to take off some of your makeup and without meaning to ruined the rest of it? Surely you have; it’s bound to happen to anyone applying makeup at some point.
In this article, we reveal five of the most common mistakes and the best tips to quickly fix them without having to take off all of your makeup!
1 - “I Put on Too Much Foundation”
This is a very common mistake putting on makeup. If you’re totally made up, take off excess foundation by doing the following:
- Lightly moisten a clean sponge with water (the sponge should be almost dry and without any makeup residue) then sponge your face with downward movements.
PRO TIP: It’s very important, most of all, to avoid excess foundation and concealer around the eyes. To eliminate any excess in this area, perform the same step, and afterward, use your fingertips to softly blur the product in that area.
2 - “My Eyeshadow Looks too Dark”
If you’ve put on too much eyeshadow, or it looks too dark, follow these steps to quickly fix the problem:
- If too much eyeshadow on your upper eyelid, blur the eyeshadow toward the edges with a clean brush to reduce the color. If it still looks very dark, apply a little bit of matte cream eyeshadow with a brush (if you don’t have cream eyeshadow, you can use translucent powder) and blur the eyeshadow.
- If it happened on the lower part of your eye, use a fine, clean brush to blur, or pat it softly with a Q-tip.
- As you were blurring, if you’ve left the contour of the eyelid and the shadow looks very dark, blur it with a clean sponge and afterward apply a little bit of foundation, patting lightly to fix the foundation.
3 - “I Put on Too Much Blush”
If you applied too much blush, try the following tip:
- Stroke your cheek with a thick, loose powder brush — make sure the brush is completely clean. If you still have too much blush on, apply translucent or clear powder with the same brush, just over the blush. The two powders should mix, clarifying the original color.
4 - “I Put too Much Makeup on my Eyebrows”
Putting too much makeup on eyebrows can cause them to look harsh and unnatural. Follow this tip to quickly solve this:
- Brush the eyebrow with a clean Q-tip, going against the grain of your eyebrow. You will see how quickly the color you initially applied disappears. You may need to experiment with the amount of force you use to discover how much comes off with this method and the type of eyebrow make up you use.
5 - “I Smeared Mascara on My Eyelid”
Don’t fret. Just follow these next steps and you’ll see how you can quickly fix the problem:
- Continue applying makeup and when you have finished, allowing enough time for the mascara to dry, apply a Q-tip right over the smudge. You’ll see how it quickly disappears and you don’t need to remove the makeup from your whole eye.
PRO TIP: A good trick to avoid smudging is applying makeup first to your inferior eyelashes, then to the superior.
There you have it, 5 simple tricks to fix small makeup mistakes!Cheers to looking Young Ever After!