20 Simple Wrinkle Erasers
Aging of the skin is a natural process in which the collagen and elastin (two types of proteins that keep our skin looking firm and youthful) begin to decline, resulting in wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time, also contributing to wrinkles. Unfortunately, these and other factors are somewhat out of our control. And, though diet and supplements can help slow the process, it won’t stop it from ultimately happening. It's a natural process of life.
The bad influences certainly within our control are largely environmental, such as exposure to pollution (including smoking) and sun damage. Other possible self-sabotaging culprits from our own initiative are consuming alcohol (especially too much), eating improperly and not drinking enough water.
Ultimately, making healthy choices and implementing the right self-care practices helps us to age more gracefully in an effort to stay as Young Ever After as possible. Here are 20 easy ways to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
- If you are a smoker, stop smoking (It’s the #1 reason for most wrinkles - most commonly seen around smoker's lips).
- Always wear sunscreen, whether it’s cloudy or sunny - don’t sun bake!
- Hydrate your skin by drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. The basic rule is to consume at least half your body weight in ounces. More is better! (ie: If you weigh 120 lbs, drink at least 60 oz of water daily)
- Use skincare products that contain antioxidants and AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids).
- Moisturize the skin on your face at least twice daily (morning and evening are easiest for routines).
- Reduce your stress levels. Try reading, exercising, meditating at least 15 minutes a day as a good start.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Overindulging can put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Fruits lower in sugar are best. Reduce red meat consumption, which taxes the system. Eat organic foods, which are traditionally cleaner and less toxic because of growing methods without all the harmful chemicals and additives.
- Try eating fish three times a week. It's great for the skin and general health.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night. The importance of sleep is paramount for cellular recovery and maintaining youthful skin
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, as your diet may be lacking some of the important ones. Usually revealed with lab blood work.
- Use an eye cream, serum or treatment for the delicate skin around the eyes nightly. Of course, we recommend Max Revital-Eyes All natural plant based rapid firming eye serum. The product you use should ideally be plant-based.
- Facial scrubs remove the build-up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this at least once weekly.
- Use natural (plant-based) skincare products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skin’s natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to help keep wrinkles at bay.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, as it will help boost your collagen.
- Start a good skincare routine in your 20’s. Prevention is easier than a cure. Any case, better late than never. Start now if you have not already done so.
- Honey is known worldwide for its beneficial abilities. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will "feed" your skin with nutrients.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skin’s elasticity. Buy extra virgin, cold or expeller pressed organic oils.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated, placing a pillow or cushion beneath them. Try this when you are watching TV or reading.
There you have it! 20 awesome tips for helping to keep wrinkles away and at bay. 20 wrinkle erasers that can be done with just a little effort and attention to self-care.
Cheers to living Young Ever After!
Photo Credit - M. Matarrazo